A very well centered and very fine NH example of the 10c deep green Windsor Castle stamp from the 1935 Silver Jubilee Issue. Printed on vertical wo...View full details
Current Weekly Auction - Closing Wednesday, September 23, 2020 at 11:30 pm Atlantic Time
Welcome to our weekly unreserved auction! This week will be the third week of our first themed auction featuring the Karsh and Wilding Issue period of Canada. It will extend over another 5 weeks and you can read more about it here. The total lot count for this second week is 212 lots.
Important Note: In weeks 6 and 7 we will be offering the last of a specialized group of the Dotted Cover booklets that were issued from 1935 to 1955. These are a very complex area and many of the varieties on offer are very scarce and among one of the more under-valued areas in modern Canadian philately. I have published a post on my blog, which lays out the different varieties and provides some context which will allow you to understand their significance and how they relate to one another. You can access that post by clicking here.
The featured booklet this week is the Wilding booklet featuring the new cover design in red on white, and containing 1 pane of 5 plus label of each of the 1c and 1c stamps. This is BK51 in Unitrade. To deal with the considerable complexity, I have used McCann numbers in my listings.
Welcome to our current weekly auction! Every week, we take over 200 listings from our stock and offer them with no reserve, to the highest bidder. The rules are very simple:
- All bids will appear as a cryptic version of the bidder's last name to preserve anonymity, while enabling you to tell if you are bidding against the same bidder. So "John Doe" would appear as "J****e".
- You must log in to bid. If you do not have an account, you will have the option of creating one on the login page.
- You can now bid directly from the auction collections page. You no longer have to go into each individual listing to place a bid.
- The bids that will display are colour coded to provide you an easy way to tell if you are in the lead. A green bid means you are the high bidder, red means you have been overbid and black means you have not yet bid.
- The minimum bid for any item is $1 CDN.
- Bidding is in $1 increments.
- You are responsible for honouring all bids made. Please respect the integrity of the auction process and do not place a bid unless you intend to honour it in the event that you are successful.
- Canadian residents will be charged HST or GST as required by their province.
- Unlike e-Bay, Hipstamp or many other online venues this is a true auction in the sense that bidding does not close on an item until 3 minutes after the last bid has been placed. This is done in order to give every interested bidder an opportunity to bid. So, while the target closing time is 11:30pm for all lots, many of these will not close until well after 11:30pm, if they continue to receive bids after 11:27pm.
- After the close of the auction, you will be notified as to which lots you were successful on and will be directed to checkout to complete your purchase.
- Discount coupons do not apply to auction purchases.
- In the case of ties, the earlier bid always wins.
Canada McCann #BK51b 1954-1962 Wilding Issue, Complete 25c Booklet Containing 1 Pane of 5 + Label of Each of the 1c & 4c Queen Elizabeth II, DF Ribbed Paper, 16 mm Staple, DF Grey Type 2 Cover
A very well centered and very fine mint OG single of the 1c deep dull violet postage due stamp from the 1930-1933 Second Postage Due Issue. Vertica...View full details