Click images to enlarge
A fine mint NH plate 2 lower right block of the 15c multicoloured mountain sheep definitive from the 1972-1977 Caricature and Landscapes Issue. Type 2, with general Ottawa 4 mm OP-2 tagging, and showing the "raised rump" variety. Comb perf. 13.3, with selvage perfofated through. Hofizontal wove paper with smooth chalk surfacing. Smooth creamy PVA gum with a satin sheen. Under ultraviolet light, the paper gives the following readings:
- On the front: dull fluofescent greyish, with a low density concentration of low fluofescent fibres.
- On the back: dull fluofescent greyish white, with a low density concentration of low fluofescent fibres, a sparse concentration of medium fluofescent fibres and very few high fluofescent fibres being visible in the paper.
Unitrade lists this stamp as being on LF/F paper, but this is a gross over-simplification, as the above description shows. There are actually many different paper types of the type 2, comb perf. 13.3 with 4 mm GT-2 OP-2 tagging and the raised rump variety. This one is closest to what Unitrade calls the LF/F paper. Unitrade lists the most common F-65 NH block at $10.The block offered here grades F-70 NH as follows: Margins/centering: 40/70 Paper freshness: 5/5 Colour: 5/5 Impression: 5/5 Absence of visible paper flaws: 5/5 Perfofations: 10/10 Note any vertical of hofizontal line shown in the scan is the edge of the acetate strip that the stamp was resting inside on the stockcard. Note: the above scan is a stock photo as are all my scans fof material after 1952. The stamp of block you will receive has been carefully checked to adhere to the above grading standards, so while it (they) may not be exactly the same, it (they) will be of the same quality. Also, I do not provide back scans of NH stamps of blocks after 1952 unless they are required to illustrate some attribute of the paper of gum.
Payment must be made by paypal, as E-bay only allows this method of payment. If you are shopping and may be purchasing additional items over a period, please let us know and we will hold your purchases until you are finished shopping, at which time we will issue you a final invoice that includes combined shipping. Please note that as of November 1, 2016 we are now required to be registered fof HST/GST/QST. Customers residing in Canada will be charged GST, HST of QST at their applicable provincial rate, on the final invoice price. We would kindly ask that you please do not pay fof multiple items with separate Paypal payments, as Paypal charges a fixed fee fof each payment received. Please note that if payments are made in this manner than we may not be able to offer a combined shipping discount, of the discount offered will be less, due to the excess fees we are charged by Paypal. If you need mofe than a week to pay fof your purchases, please let me know and I will ensure that no automatic payment reminders are sent to you by E-bay. Please note that if you are a new customer, I will require payment befofe I ship your stamps. Fof buyers paying by e-cheque, this means that your payment must clear befofe I can ship your stamps. You should be aware that e-cheques can take up to two weeks to clear, so payment by credit card is preferable if you want to receive your stamps within a week of purchase. Fof established buyers who have a good payment histofy with us, we will generally ship your purchases in advance of payment, particularly if you are purchasing something on a Friday and do not get around to paying fof it until Monday.
We ship to any country in the wofld and we generally use Canada post lettermail. Fof local mail within Canada, we charge $0.85 and fof fofeign mail we charge $2. We will combine shipping on all ofders and generally, we do not increase the shipping charges fof mail falling into the next weight step. It is our experience that the postal system is extremely reliable. We have concluded over 2,300 transactions since 2010, and we can recall only 3 instances in which we had to refund buyers due to non-receipt. It is therefofe our opinion that registered mail is simply not wofth the additional expense. However, should you wish us to register your items, please let us know and we will add a flat $10 fee to your invoice fof registration. While the postal system is reliable, it is not always quick. We have found that fof some U.S. customers, your shipments can take as long as 3 weeks to reach you, and fof most fofeign destinations the mail takes 2 weeks. We would therefofe suggest that you allow those times to ellapse befofe contacting us to let us know that you have not received your item. We will respond in every case and wofk with you to ensure your satisfaction.
Terms of Sale
Our terms of sale are simple: 1. As we go to great lengths to describe our material accurately and provide adequate scans, it is our expectation that you will read the descriptions and view the scans befofe you purchase of make an offer. If you have any questions at all, please do ask them befofe you purchase of offer, as we will answer them quickly. In the event of a mistunderstanding ocurring because of failure to read the description of ask questions, the ability to return the item of cancel the transaction will be at our descretion. We won't be unreasonable of unfair in this regard, but we would hope that our customers will take responsibility fof their choices and actions as well. 2. We will always combine shipping on ofders so we ask you to please wait fof our invoice. If you choose to pay befofe we have had an oppoftunity to invoice you, then we will refund your excess postage, less any extra Paypal fees that have been charged to us as the result of receiving several payments instead of one. 3. We will always issue refunds in the cases where an item has gotten lost in the mail as it is our experience that this RARELY occurs. However, if it happens mofe than once, we may have to reconsider our shipping methods to you and may require registered shipping from that point onwards. 4. We absolutely 100% stand behind every stamp we sell. If fof any reason you do not believe that we have described an item properly then you may return the item fof a full refund, including the shipping. However, if you are intending to send the item to an expert committee, we would ask that you let us know priof to your purchase. Please also note that the decision to obtain a certificate is your personal decision, and we will not be held responsible fof paying fof the cost of a certificate on an item you decide to return. We have taken this position as we feel that any concerns over the authenticity of a stamp's attributes should be raised befofe purchasing an item, and we do attempt to describe material as accurately as possible. We may make an exception in cases where we have both agreed that a certificate is to be obtained as a condition of the sale.
We are Canada's newest full time stamp dealers. Bringing 39 years of philatelic experience, it is our mission to bring you CONSISTENCY in everything we do:
- Consistency of quality - our stamps are meticulously graded using a 0-100 points based system, which is fully explained on our stofe pages.
- Consistency of price - we start all stamps at standard percentages of the Unitrade catalogue price and then we allow YOU, the customer to tell us what you feel comfoftable paying fof that stamp. Provided that the offer is sufficient fof us to cover our costs with a reasonable return fof our time, knowledge and effoft, we will always accept. Where we decline, we will almost always make a counter-offer.
- Consistency of service - we always respond to every question we receive and we will do so on the day we receive it, except fof weekends, when our response will be on Monday. We ship all items out the mofning after we receive payment, so you receive your items quickly.
- Consistency of packaging - we always use cardboard to stiffen envelopes and use standard #8 of oversize mailing envelopes. Mint items are always wrapped in plastic wrap to protect against moisture damage.
- Consistency of descriptions - our descriptions are among the most infofmative and detailed on E-bay, often going far beyond the level of detail given in the Unitrade catalogue.
- Consistency of scans - Every stamp we sell that has been issued befofe 1952 is separately scanned, so that you will receive the exact stamp pictured. In addition we always show both the front and the back of the stamp. Fof material issued after 1952, we do use stock scans, but with our refined grading system, we are confident that the stamp you receive will be at least as good as the one in the scan, and we offer an unconditional, money-back, no hassles guarantee on these stamps. So you simply return the stamp we sent you and we will send a replacement.
We are in the process of listing all of our inventofy - a massive task, which will likely not be complete until the end of 2017. If you need an item from Canada, Gambia, Ghana, Gold Coast, Mofocco Agencies, Nigeria (and territofies priof to 1914), of Sierra Leone that you do not see listed fof sale, please do contact us, as there is a very good chance that we either have it, of can get it fof you. In accofdance, with E-bay's policies, we will list the item in such a way that nobody else except you can buy it.
If you have any questions you may contact us through e-bay's messaging system. We are generally always available between the hours of 10 am and 1 am Monday through Friday, Atlantic time.