Canada #337-338p (SG#463, 464p) 1c-2c 1954 Wilding - 6 Different Papers and Shades F-70 NH
Six fresh and fine NH singles of the 1c violet brown and 2c green Queen Elizabeth II stamp from the 1954 Wilding Issue. Five stamps are untagged, and one stamp is tagged and either printed on different papers or with different shades as follows:
- 1c violet brown on horizontal wove paper showing strong ribbing on both front and back and giving a dull fluorescent bluish white reaction under ultraviolet light (UV). Smooth yellowish cream coloured gum.
- 1c violet brown on horizontal wove paper showing strong ribbing on the front only and giving a dull fluorescent ivory reaction under UV. Smooth yellowish cream gum.
- 1c violet brown on horizontal wove paper showing horizontal mesh only when held to the light and giving a non-fluorescent light violet reaction under UV. Streaky cream gum.
- 2c bright green on horizontal wove paper showing ribbing on the front and back and giving a dull-fluorescent bluish white reaction under UV. Shiny cream gum.
- 2c bright green on horizontal wove paper showing ribbing on the front only and giving a dull-fluorescent greyish white reaction under UV. Shiny cream gum.
- 2c green on vertical wove showing light vertical ribbing and giving a dull fluorescent greyish reaction. Clearly visible Winnipeg Tagging.
Unitrade values VF-75 NH singles at $3.05 without regard to any of the paper varieties. The stamps offered here grade 70 as follows:
Paper freshness: 5/5
Absence of visible paper flaws: 5/5
Note: the above scan is a stock photo as are all my scans for material after 1952.The item (s) you will receive has (have) been carefully checked to adhere to the above grading standards, so while they may not be exactly the same, they will be of the same quality. Also, I do not provide back scans of NH stamps or blocks after 1952 unless they are required to illustrate some attribute of the paper of gum.