Great Britain 1953-1967 - A Group of 6 Very Fine Covers and 1 Front to Czechoslovakia
Six very fine covers and 1 cover front to Czechoslovakia as follows:
- November 1966 surface cover, franked with 1d & 5d Wilding.
- August 1962 surface cover, franked with 6d Wilding.
- April 1954 2/6d overweight cover, franked with 2 x 6d, 2 x 7d and 4d Wilding, all with Tudor crown watermark. This is a great cover - the stamps alone catalogue over 14 pounds off cover and this must be a scarcer rate.
- September 21, 1953 1/1 airmail cover, franked with 2 x 1.5d and 2 x 5d Wilding, all Tudor crown watermark. This is also a better cover with a less common franking.
- Unclear date, 2/7d rate, registered envelope front uprated with 6d Wilding.
- February 1967 10d surface rate paid with 6d and 4d Wildings.
- 1958 9d surface rate franked with 3d & 6d British Empire Games.
Our estimate of the value of these covers based on the above factors is $40. To understand how we have assessed these covers and arrived at this estimate and to gain a broader understanding of postal history collecting, I would suggest you read the article linked here. It should clarify the factors that make covers, and this one in particular scarce, and will help you to understand why we have estimated it at this amount.