Canada #404xi, xiii 4c Deep Red Queen Elizabeth II, 1962-1967 Cameo Issue, VFNH Examples of the 1-Bar Side Tags, Different Tagging Strengths, Perfs and Gums
Seven VFNH examples of the 4c deep red stamp of the 1962-1967 Cameo Issue, printed on smooth DF paper, and tagged with deep, medium and light strength 4 mm side bands at left and right. The stamps included are as follows:
- Dark band at left, perf. 11.9, smooth gum.
- Light band at left, perf. 11.9, lightly ribbed paper with smooth gum.
- Medium band at left, perf. 11.95 x 11.9, smooth gum.
- Light band at left, perf. 11.85 x 11.9, lightly ribbed paper with streaky gum.
- Dark band at right, perf. 11.9, lightly ribbed paper with streaky gum.
- Light band at right, perf. 11.85 x 11.9, lightly ribbed paper with streaky gum.
- Dark band at right, perf. 11.9, smooth gum.
The tagging on this issue does exhibit some differences that are not specifically mentioned in Unitrade. The main one is that the strength varies from light, which is almost invisible, to moderate, which is visible, but not dark, and finally to dark, in which the bands appear deep yellow. The width of the bands also varies from the standard width of between 8-9 mm to a smaller size of 7 mm, which was applied at the outer columns of the panes of some, but not all printings.
Unitrade lists these stamps at $7 in this grade. The stamps offered here grade 75, 80 and 84 as follows:
Centering/Margins 54/70, 45/70 and 50/70
Paper freshness: 5/5
Absence of visible paper flaws: 5/5