A well centered and very fine mint NH lower right corner block of 4, of the 25c 1977 Silver Jubilee Issue. Comb perf. 12.6 x 12.2. Vertical wove paper with no ribbing or visible mesh. Smooth creamy PVA gum with an eggshell sheen. Under ultraviolet light, the paper gives the following readings:
On the front: dull fluorescent grey.
On the back: dull fluorescent grey with a low density concentration of dull fluorescent fibres, a very sparse concentration of low fluorescent fibres, 1-2 high fluorescent fibres and very few brownish woodpulp fibres visible in the paper.
Unitrade lists this stamp as being on DF paper, but this is a gross over-simplification, as the above description shows. Overall, the paper does appear dull in comparison to the common LF papers, which contain a much higher concentration of brighter fluorescent fibres. There are in fact, at least nine different types of the DF paper. All of them are quite scarce, as in my examination of over 1,000 stamps, fewer than 10% were printed on any variety of DF paper. The other 90% were on at least some variety of LF paper. Unitrade lists a VF-75 NH inscription block at $12. The block offered here grades VF-80 NH, as follows:
Paper freshness: 5/5
Absence of visible paper flaws: 5/5
Note any vertical or horizontal line shown in the scan is the edge of the acetate strip that the stamp was resting inside on the stockcard.
Note: the above scan is a stock photo as are all my scans for material after 1952. The item(s) you will receive has (have) been carefully checked to adhere to the above grading standards, so while it (they) may not be exactly the same, it (they) will be of the same quality. Also, I do not provide back scans of NH stamps or blocks after 1952 unless they are required to illustrate some attribute of the paper or gum.